Saturday, August 7, 2010

Indian Children in Need of Sponsors

A few years ago I traveled to Southeast India to dedicate a church through Commission and Compassion Ministries. I am grateful I experienced first-hand the work my friend Pastor Bontha is doing through this ministry. Churches are planted, pastors are trained, and children are cared for. Many street children are fed and hear the Gospel on a weekly basis. In addition to this work, he runs an orphanage for boys. At the Mercy Home, the boys are fed three meals a day, have a roof over their heads, hear the Gospel, and attend school.  Most of these children would be homeless and working hard labor if it were not for the love shown  to them at the Mercy Home.

While on this trip I walked along one of the beaches where the tsunami hit that started our adventure with adoption. As I walked the beach, I was reminded of the detruction and the burden that God placed on my heart for orphans.

Below are some recent pictures of the boys at Mercy Home.











The sponsor of one of the boys pictured above has passed away and there is a new boy that has come to live at Mercy Home.  These boys are shown below. Rajkumar, on the left, is 9 years old and in 3rd grade. Rajasekhar, on the right, is 12 years old and in 5th grade.












Both of these boys are in need of sponsors. For $25 a month, you can make sure they have all their basic needs met and are in a Christian environment.  If you want additional information on either of these boys please ask me.  Below is a video of my trip to India.  Hopefully it will help show the ongoing work of Commission and Compassion Ministries.




Don

No comments:

Post a Comment